Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Dustin Dick-ish-ness

Our friend Dustin. Nothing about Dustin is embellished, he just is what he is. A dick. And this is not me talking smack about our new friend, this is what he refers to himself as. So honest. So blunt. So...Dustin<3

 Who is Dustin, you may be thinking? Well, I am glad you asked. He is our friend we made recently during one of our gas station trips at famous Will's Pit Stop. Check out here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wills-Pit-Stop/356617445401?sk=wall


The root of our trio friendship is based on simple stupidity. Mostly on my part, but Alison took some part in it...mainly just as an accomplice. She is Dumb and I am Dumber apparently. But she is not very dumb though, she repeats a lot of smart things she hears. With cold beverages and candy rush in hand, we approached the register. As we set our products on the counter I see to my left an egg shaped Reese's for sale, it being Easter time and all. As I gazed at the chocolatey goodness and into my past, I was reminded of something. One day,  I had asked my lover Greg (Gregorio, Grezorio, Oreo, GreJorio) during the Christmas season about the Christmas shaped Reese's for sale.



 I asked, "Babe, are these Reese's pine flavored?" He simply replied, "I'm not answering that question."

In the midst of my pondering I had swiped my card to pay for our tasty treats, and began telling Alison this story in a high pitched valley girl tone against my best intentions. As I am re-living this unexciting experience in every detail possible, our friend Dustin was just standing there listening for what felt like ten minutes. After I finished I looked up at him and noticed he is just starring...and he says slowly and painfully, "you need to enter your pin." As is expected Alison and I burst into laughter going on and on about how silly and stupid we are and he is just standing there. So I quickly enter my pin, feeling horrified, and dip out.

The next day, to our great surprise, there standing behind the register is Dustin. We go through our usual routine and gather our desired items and take the death walk up to the register. As Alison swipes her card and enters her pin I look up at him and ask him, "Do you remember us?" And his reply, "No." No. No? For a good fifteen seconds as I stared up at him my face probably swelled up and turned bright tomato red. Kinda like this.


After we had gathered our things and turned to leave he said, "have a good one, and good job entering your pin this time!"

We had a good laugh. And laughter, as we all know, is the cure of all things. Whether you find this story silly or not, we find it very silly. And something worth sharing with the world. That friendship can be found in the most unlikely of places, maybe at your local gas station? Don't be afraid to speak up and ask, "hey, do you remember us?" Cause odds are that person is thinking the same thing. So grow a pair folks;)


Fin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment